Frank Sommario had just completed law school and was about to start his career as a workers’ compensation lawyer when he suffered a crushed ankle in an accident. After a brief delay and months of rehabilitation, Frank began his new job.
Today, you’d never know he had an accident that could have left him with a permanent disability. He is not only fully recovered, but was compensated for his injuries, thanks to an attorney he knew only in passing. Antonio Romanucci successfully represented him in a lawsuit.
Frank served as counsel to Antonio’s law firm in workers’ compensation matters before joining the firm full time in 2007. As a petitioner’s workers’ compensation lawyer, he vigorously fights for the rights of his clients, and has obtained several large settlements and favorable trial awards for those who have been injured. He considers it a privilege being able to help injured workers get the benefits they deserve.
For his successes representing injury victims, Frank was named for the first time as one of Illinois’ Rising Stars by Super Lawyers® for the year 2010 and again in 2011 and 2012. Frank worked as a law clerk for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office and was an accountant-consultant for the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County while in law school. He is a certified public accountant as well as a registered investment advisor.
- Justinian Society of Lawyers – Member, Executive Committee, 2009-2011; Secretary 2011-2012
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) – Member, Board of Governors, 2008-2014; Member, General Assembly, 2006-2008; Member, Workers’ Compensation Law Section Council, 2007-2009; Board Liaison, Workers’ Compensation Law Section Council, 2009-2011. Frank explains Illinois’ new workers’ compensation law in a video recorded by the 33,000-member Illinois State Bar Association for its YouTube channel.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association – Member, Board of Directors, 2008-2009; Treasurer, 2010-2011; Vice President, 2011-2012
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Fenwick High School Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 2011-2012
- Frank supports the alumni associations of the schools where he received degrees, including DePaul University, DePaul University College of Law and Fenwick High School.
Awards and Honors
- SuperLawyers® Illinois Rising Star 2013
Top 40 under Forty by Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2000
- Minnesota, 2001
- District of Columbia, 2001
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2000
- DePaul University
- B.S. – 1997