Chicago Child Sports Injury Attorneys
At Romanucci & Blandin, our Chicago attorneys are dedicated to helping children throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana who were injured in sports accidents of all types, including:
- Baseball and softball accidents
- Football accidents
- Cheerleading accidents
- Basketball accidents
- Soccer accidents
- Hockey accidents
- Swimming accidents
- Track and field accidents
- Lacrosse accidents
- Gymnastics accidents
Our Chicago child sports injury lawyers have been handling cases like these for more than a decade. Count on us to fight to get the compensation you and your child deserve.
The Facts According to SAFE KIDS USA:
- More than 3.5 million children ages 14 and under receive medical treatment for sports injuries each year.
- Injuries associated with participation in sports and recreational activities account for 21 percent of all traumatic brain injuries among children in the United States.
- Overuse injury, which occurs over time from repeated motion, is responsible for nearly half of all sports injuries to middle-and high-school students. Immature bones, insufficient rest after an injury and poor training or conditioning contribute to overuse injuries among children.
- 62% of most organized sports related injuries occur during practices rather than games.
- Children ages 5 to 14 account for nearly 40 percent of all sports-related injuries treated in hospital emergency departments. The rate and severity of sports-related injury increases with a child’s age.
What Sort Of Negligence Caused The Child Sports Injury?
Many child sports injuries are the result of improper or inadequate supervision. For example, our lawyers have seen cases involving coaches who failed to recognize when a child suffered a concussion and let the child continue to play. We take action against youth sports organizations of all types, including little leagues, schools, sports camps, park districts and others to seek compensation and justice for injured children.
Not all cases involve the negligence of coaches or organizers. We also handle claims involving defective youth sports equipment. We will take on manufacturers of defective helmets and protective gear, defective metal baseball bats and other defective sporting goods. Not only do these claims have the potential of gaining recovery for the child we are representing, but to prevent these harmful products from getting into the hands of other children.
Did You Sign A Waiver?
Parents are often required to sign a waiver before their children are allowed to participate in youth sports. Be aware that this waiver does not necessarily prevent you from taking action in the event of a child sports injury.
Free Consultation With A Naperville Gymnastics Accident Lawyer
Call 312-458-1000 or email. All child sports accident cases are handled on a contingency basis, meaning you do not pay unless we provide results.
Visit our Facebook Page to learn more.