When his best friend in high school suffered a fatal brain injury in a football game, Antonio Romanucci was deeply moved. He turned his frustration into action, and vowed to spend his life helping victims of traumatic injuries. That decision led to a career as a personal injury attorney and ultimately, a name partner in Romanucci & Blandin, LLC.
Antonio is motivated by the desire for client satisfaction in both the experience and monetary result his clients achieve. Antonio and Stephan have created a premier litigation practice focused on service. Their passion and conviction in the courtroom have resulted in dozens of verdicts or settlements of $1 million or greater. The largest verdict to date: $22.3 million in a medical malpractice case in November 2009.
Antonio is recognized locally and nationally for his leadership, experience, expertise and technique in his field. For his successes representing injury victims, Antonio has frequently been named one of the top Super Lawyers® in Illinois.
Antonio has also dedicated his personal life to helping others, most notably as the founding chairman of the Midwest Brain Injury Clubhouse. He is currently leading their campaign to raise funds to help returning war veterans with traumatic brain injuries. Antonio also serves as Chair of the Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Section and is a Governor for the American Association for Justice (AAJ), a national organization that strives to ensure that every person can obtain justice and hold wrongdoers accountable for medical negligence, and is an executive of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group serving as Board Liaison to the Brain Injury Association.
- President, Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans
- Past President, Knapp Burn Foundation
- Past President, The Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Past President, Greater Barrington Area’s Lawyer’s Guild
- Legal Counsel, Italian American Chamber of Commerce, 2010-Present
- Active memberships: American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Public Justice (Member, Board of Directors)
- First Vice-President, Italian American Chamber of Commerce, 2012-2014
- 2012, Top 100 Trial Lawyer as certified by The National Trial Lawyers
- AVVO Top Rating 10/10
- “Excellence in Leadership Award” from the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Justinian Society of Lawyers’ “Hon. Moses W. Harrison Award of Recognition”
- “Citizens Bravery Award,” Chicago Police Department
- Italo-American National Union Foundation, “David Award for Excellence in the Profession of Law”
- Constitution Rights Foundation “Lawyer of the Year” Award
Antonio is a frequent lecturer and panelist on catastrophic injury and the rights of victims.
- J.D., John Marshall Law School, 1985
- B.A., Psychology, University of Wisconsin, 1982
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 1985
- Northern District of Illinois, 1985
- Pro Hac Vice, 2005, Southern Florida District
- Pro Hac Vice, 2004, Orange County, California
- Pro Hac Vice, 2007, Clark County, Nevada
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1985
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – May, 1982
- Major: Psychology