Preventing your child from being injured while playing youth sports is nearly impossible. However, there are some things that you can do to help prevent injuries and reduce the risk of life-long complications. Below are just some of the things you can do to help:
- Get an annual physical.
- Warm up before any physical activity or sport.
- Obtain proper training, instruction and technique.
- Drink sufficient fluids before, during and after sport.
- Cool down after participating in the physical activity.
- Wear proper fitting gear and equipment.
- Increase training gradually.
- Encourage rest and breaks.