Sports Training Tips for Coaches
As a coach, it is important to create a safe environment and know how to prevent, identify and respond to a child’s injuries.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Establish safety guidelines.
2. Make sure the child undergoes a complete physical.
3. Require proper warm ups.
4. Make sure children are wearing the proper gear.
5. Make sure the children are well hydrated.
6. Ensure proper rest between workouts and competition.
7. Know signs and symptoms of a concussion.
8. Know signs and symptoms of overuse injuries.